Tax Payer Rights
Congress has given you TaxPayer Rights! Some of these include:
- To be presented by an Enrolled Agent, CPA, or Attorney (Please note that the IRS is now making audit contacts by telephone. You just need to say "you will have to speak with my representative." In addition, over 85% of audits are done by letter.)
- To pay only the correct amount of tax due under the law -- no more.
- To claim a deduction not on the original form.
- To avoid unnecessary examinations.
- To exercise all consitutional rights if questioned about criminal violations.
If at ANY time you, the taxpayer, wants to consult an Enrolled Agent or any other person permitted to represent you, the IRS examiner WILL stop and reschedule the interview.
Make the smarter decision to work with a trained, licensed, insured specialist. Work with Smarter Tax Solutions LLC